Wednesday, March 17

Hey Daddy

I was 12 years old the first time u and I eva met
Nothing like how I imagined didn't know what to expect
Kinda cute so I could see why the ladies put u on a throne
But time revealed to them, and now me that poppa was a rolling stone.
Had I known I'd only see ya every once in a while
I woulda never even half way believed that I was really your child
Just me, mamma, my lil brother and sister
That's all I knew and to this day ur still just a "mister".
You missed every singing engagement and all the basketball games
But when your church needed a song I was there, aint that a shame?!
Like many girls I was seeking that fatherly love
I searched all around but never bothered to look above.
Sure enuff mamma taught be about the bee's and the birds
I took notes from her life so every word she said was heard
Hey daddy, on 2 of my teams I was voted MVP
I wore #11 until High School then I switched to #23
I played badminton, was a cheerleader, and I even ran track
I went to college as 1, came back as 1, I'm still 1 how bout that?
I was never a late night dancer, never had a rep' of being "shone"
But I'm guilty of looking to men to fill the void of being alone
I thought I was past my anger of thinking I never made u proud
U never treated me like ur child but ima child of God and I'll say it loud!
Hey daddy, I'm a child of God and I tell it wherever I go
I'm serving with attitude God and I thought that u should know
I still love u and not just because God says so but because its right
I'll pray for you and for my strength
Signed,
Daughter of the Most High

No comments:

Post a Comment